随着全球的各国的关系越来越好,从21世纪以后英语的广泛使用,那么在谈论报刊杂志该如何表达?以下是小编给大家整理的英语流行口语对话:Talking About Newspapers and Magazines 谈论报刊杂志,希望可以帮到大家
What's the most popular paper circulating in the community?
这里最受欢迎的报纸是哪一家?
A:What's the most popular paper circulating in the community?
A:这里最受欢迎的报纸是哪一家?
B:Atlanta Daily.
B:《亚特兰大时报》。
A:Oh,thank you.I want one.
A:噢,谢谢,我买一份。
B:Here you are.
B:给您报纸。
Do you know the circulation of the magazine?
你知道这杂志的发行量吗?
A:Do you know the circulation of this magazine?
A:你知道这杂志的发行量吗?
B:You mean this month?
B:你是说这个月?
A:Oh,yes,how's it?
A:是的,这个月怎么样?
B:Over 2 million.
B:销出二百多万份。
It's the top magazine in...
这是……最好的杂志。
A:I want to subscribe to The New York Times.How do you feel about it?
A:我要订《纽约时报》,你看怎么样?
B:It's one of the top papers in America.
B:这是全美最好的杂志之一。
A:Yes,It's supposed to be outstanding.
A:对,据说是很出色的报纸。
Who finances the magazine?
这家杂志是谁资助的?
A:Who finances the magazine?
A:这家杂志是谁资助的?
B:I don't know exactly.I only hear it's financed by a famous film star.
B:不清楚,只听说是个影星。
A:Does it have a large circulation?
A:发行量大吗?
B:Yes,so it really doesn't matter who offers the money.The paper itself is profitable.
B:很大,所以是谁赞助没关系,它本身就赚钱。
How do these local papers manage financially?
这些地方报纸是怎样筹集资金的?
A:How do these local papers manage financially?
A:这些地方报纸是怎样筹集资金的呢?
B:Mainly from ads,a small portion from taxes and charities.
B:主要是广告收入,一小部分是靠税收和捐款。
A:Don't you think it's a bit chancy?
A:你不觉得有点不可靠吗?
B:Not at all.Many people like the ads.
B:一点也不,有许多人喜欢广告。
Don't you think...?
你不觉得……吗?
A:Don't you think all of the money goes to the ads and we have nothing to read
A:你不觉得钱都用在广告上了却没有东西可以读吗?
B:But newspapers do get some extra income by offering space for ads.
B:可报刊确实需要出售广告版面赚点外快。
A:Extra income.They can get rich with sheer ads.
A:外快!他们光靠广告就可以发财了。
...is a must.
……是非有不可的。
A:Can I help you?
A:您买什么?
B:Mm,I just need something about business news.Can you recommend some?
B:哦,我需要最近的商务消息,您能推荐吗?
A:The Times is a must.
A:《泰晤士报》是必读报纸。
B:Thank you.I'll have one.
B:谢谢,我来一份。
I advise you to...
我建议你……
A:An idea about killing time on a train?
A:在火车上消磨时间读什么好?
B:I advise you to read Playboy.You can get a lot from it.
B:我建议你读《花花公子》,上面什么都有。
A:But there's quite a lot of rumors about it.
A:可它名声不太好。
B:That's why it's interesting.
B:就因为这一点它才有趣呢。
As far as...is concerned,it's worth reading.
就……来看,值得一读。
A:Would you please tell me about the Fortune magazine?
A:你给我谈谈《财富》杂志好吗?
B:It was chosen as the most popular magazine of the year.
B:它被评为本年度最佳杂志。
A:Do you like it personally?
A:你个觉得怎么样?
B:As far as the language is concerned,it's worth reading.
B:就语言而论,它值得一看。
How would you comment on the paper?
你对该报如何评价?
A:How would you comment on the paper?
A:你对该报如何评价?
B:The paper editorials always stick to the quick.
B:该报的评论一向一语中的。
A:Don't you think it's a bit conservative?
A:你不认为它有点保守吗?
B:After all,I'm somewhat conservative.
B:毕竟我也有点保守嘛。
How can they always manage to...?
他们怎么总能……?
A:How can they always manage to get inside stories?
A:他们怎么总能搞到内幕消息?
B:They've got a professional staff.
B:他们有个专业班子。
A:Professionals for what?
A:干什么有个专业班子。
B:For approaching the top secrets and the top personnel.
B:接近最机密文件和高级人员的。
It's famous for...
它以……闻名。
A:When was the newspaper first issued?
A:这报纸是什么时候开始发行的?
B:In 1914.
B:1914年。
A:The year of world War I.
A:一战爆发的那一年。
B:Yes,and it's famous for military reports.
B:对,它就是以报导军呈成名的。
They were the first to jump on...
他们是最早披露……的。
A:May I know why you are so keen on this paper?
A:你为什么喜欢这报纸?说给我听听好吗?
B:Because they always have startling inside stories to reveal.
B:因为这上面总是有惊人的内幕披露。
A:For example?
A:比如说?
B:They were the first to jump on the Watergate scandal.
B:他们是最早披露水门丑闻的。
Is the news in the paper reliable?
这报上的新闻可靠吗?
A:Is the news in the paper reliable?
A:这报纸上的新闻可靠吗?
B:Yes,it's usually truthful and accurate.
B:是的,通常是真实准确的。
A:How about its editorials?
A:社论呢?
B:Very often I don't agree with the stand but I still read it carefully.
B:我常常和他们立场不一致,但我还是认真读。
That's all propaganda.
那全是宣传。
A:How do you comment on the financial section?
A:你觉得这家报纸的金融版怎么样?
B:You can always find trade surplus,and you know all that positive staff.According to them,everything is going smoothly.
B:他们总说有贸盈余了,都是些肯定的消息,听他们的好像什么都是一片大好。
A:You mean...?
A:你的意思是……
B:That's all propaganda.
B:那全是宣传。
You always find a ready ear for hearsay.
谣传总有人相信。
A:Do you really believe what they say?
A:你相信他们说的吗?
B:I don't believe it at all.
B:我一点不信。
A:But what makes it so popular?
A:那为什么这杂志这么流行?
B:You always find a ready ear for hearsay.
B:谣传总有人相信。
The magazine's stand is very hard to locate.
这杂志的立场观点总是让人捉摸不定。
A:The magazine's stand is very hard to locate.
A:这杂志的立场观点总是认人捉摸不定。
B:You'll have to read between lines.
B:你得从字里行间捉摸。
A:Why is it so obscure?
A:为什么总是这么含糊期辞呢?
B:Maybe they can't afford to confront their sponsors openly.
B:也许是开罪不起他们的赞助者。
It's an out and out fabrication.
那纯属捏造。
A:How do you comment on the whole section about Princess Diana's affairs?
A:你怎么评论那整版的黛妃的婚外恋记事?
B:I hope it's an out and out fabrication.
B:我希望那纯属捏造。
A:But it's true.
A:可那是真的。
B:How do you know?
B:那你怎么知道的呢?