Shelly: (从厨房自言自语的走出来) Where are my glasses.
我的眼镜呢。
I just saw them right now. (此时收音机播出了声音)
我刚看到他们。
Wow, the radio is all right. (老人看见儿子发现了药,便抢步过去把药拿了过来)
哇,收音机没问题。
Longman: Mum the glasses are here.
妈妈眼镜在这儿。
Shelly: Oh my god.
哦,我的上帝。
Longman: Mum, I’ll take the radio to have it mended tomorrow.
妈妈,我明天带收音机去修理。
Shelly: It’s too old just like me. It can’t work well anymore.
跟我一样太老了。它再也不能正常工作了。
Longman: (伤心难过的神情) Mum, you’re ill. Why didn’t you
tell me?
妈妈,你病了。你为什么不告诉我?
Shelly: I want to tell you right now. But you always stop me
whenever I want to tell you and you always keep me waiting. So I don’t know when I shall tell you. When you are free, maybe I have forgot it.
我想马上告诉你。但我想告诉你的时候你总是阻止我,你总是让我等待。所以我不知道什么时候告诉你。当你有空的时候,也许我忘了。
Longman: Mum it’s my fault.
妈妈,这是我的错。
Shelly: It’s not your fault. Mum is too old.
这不是你的错。妈妈太老了。
Longman: Mum you are not old. You are young.(说着抱在妈妈
的怀里)
妈妈你不老。你还年轻。
Shelly: I’m old, not young anymore.
我老了,不再年轻了。
Longman: Let me wash some fruit for you.
我给你洗些水果。
Shelly: Good! (此时音乐响起,当你老了。老人坐在沙发上
打瞌睡,此时儿子拿下老人的眼镜老人却醒了)
Shelly: I didn’t fall asleep. I just look at the album.
我没有睡着。我只是看看相册。
Longman: Mum, although you will forget everything one day, I
still love you as usual.
妈妈,虽然有一天你会忘记一切,但我还是一如既往地爱你。
Shelly: My dear son, I love you, too.
我亲爱的儿子,我也爱你。
Longman: Tomorrow William and Jenny will come to live with
Shelly:
you. I’ll go abroad next week for two years. They will take good care of you.
明天威廉和珍妮会来和你住在一起。下星期我将出国两年。他们会好好照顾你的。
Take it easy my dear son. I can take care of myself well.
别紧张,我亲爱的儿子。我能照顾好自己。
第三幕 Two years later…
(老人坐在沙发上打瞌睡)
Jenny: William, tell your Granny. It’s time for dinner. The
dumplings are OK.
威廉,告诉你奶奶。吃饭的时间到了。饺子还可以。
William: Mum, today is Spring Festival Eve. Dad is going to be
back tonight.
妈妈,今天是春节前夕。爸爸今晚要回来。
Jenny: Yes, but maybe he might be back later. Don’t wait for
him. Let’s begin our dinner.
是的,但也许他晚些时候会回来。别等他。我们开始吃饭吧。
William: OK, mum. (说着William把老人搀了进来,此时的
老人已经完全老年痴呆了)
William: Sit here, Granny.
坐这儿,奶奶。
Shelly: Who are you?
你是谁?
William: (一脸无奈) I’m William. Your grandson. Do you
remember me.
我是威廉。你的孙子。你还记得我吗。
Shelly: I’ve never seen you before.
我以前从没见过你。
Jenny: Mum, today is Spring Festival Eve. The dumplings
are ready. Let’s have them together.
妈妈,今天是春节前夕。饺子准备好了。让我们把它们放在一起。
Shelly: Who are you?
你是谁?
Jenny: Mum, I’m your daughter in-law. Your son’s wife.
妈妈,我是你儿媳妇。你儿子的妻子。
Shelly: My son. Where is my son? I want to see him.
我儿子。我儿子在哪里?我想见他。
Jenny: He went abroad. He’ll be back later.
他出国了。他一会儿回来。
William: Do you remember us, granny?
你还记得我们吗,奶奶?
Shelly: (老人迟疑了半天才回答) No.
Jenny: Never mind, mum. Let’s have dumplings together. You
like dumplings very much. Do you remember that you often made dumplings for us before?
没关系,妈妈。我们一起吃饺子吧。你非常喜欢饺子。你还记得你以前经常给我们包饺子吗?